“Do not train children to learning by force and harshness, but direct them to it by what amuses their minds, so that you may be better able to discover with accuracy the peculiar bent of the genius of each.” – Plato.
“There are those who seek knowledge for the sake of knowledge, that is curiosity.
There are those who seek knowledge to be known by others, that is vanity.
There are those who seek knowledge in order to
serve, that is love.”
-Bernard of Clairvaux
“I hear, and I forget. I see, and I remember. I do, and I understand.”
– Chinese Proverb
Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure Science. ~Edwin Powell Hubble, The Nature of Science, 1954
“I need you to be clever, Bean. I need you to think of solutions to problems we haven’t seen yet. I want you to try things that no one has ever tried because they’re absolutely stupid.” – Ender Wiggin, Ender’s Game, Orson Scott Card
No comments:
Post a Comment